Pax Romana Chapter – Membership
Pax Romana Chapter has 29 members as of October 2010. Our members reside throughout Italy, as well as in the United States, and in other parts of the world.
General Conditions of Admission:
The Chapter applies the rules and procedures defined by the NSDAR headquarters in Washington, DC. Detailed information is available on the NSDAR web site at http://www.dar.org/.
Any woman is eligible for membership in the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution who is not less than eighteen years of age, and who is lineally descended from a man or woman who, with unfailing loyalty to the cause of American independence, served as a sailor, or a soldier or civil officer in one of the several Colonies or States, or in the United Colonies or States or as a recognized patriot, or rendered material aid thereto.
Membership Application Procedure:
- Prospective members should first make a formal written request to the attention of the Pax Romana Chapter Regent, who forwards it to the Chapter Registrar.
- The prospective member request is then reviewed and voted on by the Chapter members. An applicant for membership through Pax Romana shall be endorsed in writing by three members of the chapter who are in good standing and to whom the applicant is personally known. Prior to application, a prospective member must attend at least two chapter meetings. Upon favorable vote the applicant is given the official papers for membership in NSDAR
- Under the guidance of the chapter Registrar, the prospective member gathers together all necessary information to complete the NSDAR application file, including copies of historical documents proving direct affiliation to the ancestor. The applicant then returns to the Registrar all required documents, prepared in accordance with instructions established and distributed by the National Society, and accompanied by the applicable fees and dues.
- Once the application is complete, the Chapter Registrar forwards it to the NSDAR, which is ultimately responsible for final review, approval, and processing of the application.
- NSDAR advises the Chapter Registrar when the new member application has been approved.
- The Registrar notifies the new member and the other Chapter members, that the application has been approved.
Associate membership is open to all interested active members of the NSDAR.
At present, we are proud to have over 80 associate members, from the United States and abroad.
Enquiries concerning associate membership applications should be addressed to the Regent.